Harvest Community Church
Deloraine is a small town in south western Manitoba surrounded with agriculture and oilfield industry. Along with Turtle Mountain Provincial Park is Turtle Mountain Bible Camp within our rural municipality that we support and which provides young and old the opportunity to fellowship. Located in Deloraine is Harvest Community Church which has acquired the old public school and has unlimited room to serve.
The congregation of 20-30 meet weekly for worship and service Sundays at 11 am. Monthly potlucks to welcome guests. A young couple with newborn provide Youth group activities and successful outreach. Our church family is seeking part/full time pastor who will direct us in a caring way through preaching, teaching, equipping and evangelizing.
Reach out to us at
For the glory of God
The leadership of Harvest Church
Ottawa Chinese Bible Church
ASSOCIATE PASTOR, ENGLISH CONGREGATION
ORGANIZATION: Ottawa Chinese Bible Church
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Ottawa Chinese Bible Church (OCBC) is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor to lead, shepherd and equip our English congregation to fulfil our mission of Helping People Walk the Way of Christ.
OCBC’s English congregation currently has more than 60 members, with around 80 people attending the English Sunday service each week. Working together with our Chinese congregation as one body (totalling 202 members) to advance our mission to Mandarin-speaking immigrants as well as to Canadians from all cultural backgrounds, our English congregation is a diverse, multigenerational and multicultural group of people, including a large number of university students and a growing number of young families.
We take the Bible as our only infallible and authoritative guide to belief and conduct. Our services are centred around the preaching of the Word, with praise and worship set as a response to God’s revelation to us. The English congregation is presently accustomed to expository preaching. OCBC is a member of the Evangelical Free Church of Canada (EFCC).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading the English Sunday worship service, including preaching, Holy Communion and baptism
- Ensuring personal spiritual development by devoting a significant portion of time to the regular habits of independent prayer, study of the Scriptures, conference attendance, and training
- Responsible for the Christian education and spiritual guidance of the English congregation
- Performing as well as assisting and equipping others in pastoral duties as required, including counselling (in conjunction with counselling experts as needed) and regular visitation with members of the English congregation and their families
- Working with OCBC’s Board to develop and oversee the English Ministry Team (EMT) and all their ministries, and to serve the English congregation
- Discipling, leading, equipping and encouraging existing leaders (such as EMT members, small group leaders, Sunday school teachers etc.) and identifying and training up new leaders
- Developing a strong prayer ministry within the English congregation
- Working closely and regularly interacting with the Chinese Pastor
- Attending and participating in OCBC Board and EMT meetings as a spiritual advisor
- Availability at the OCBC church office for a certain number of hours (time and duration to be mutually agreed upon with the Board)
- Providing spiritual support on call in case of emergency
- May be called upon to represent OCBC at local ministerial and various denominational meetings
- Must be able to, in good conscience, annually sign the EFCC Statement of Faith, the Covenant of Personal and Professional Ethics and the EFCC Character and Calling document
- Submission to the current OCBC constitution and bylaws
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree from an accredited evangelical seminary
- Must meet the qualifications for an elder as outlined in Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Clear calling from God
- Must be in complete agreement with the 10-article Statement of Faith in OCBC’s constitution
- The following qualifications would be assets:
- Previous experience ministering to young families
- Previous experience with multicultural ministry
- Knowledge of Chinese/Asian culture
All applicants must provide the following:
- Cover letter
- Statement of Faith
To submit your application or for more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PART TIME PASTOR
International Christian Fellowship Church
We are a small rural Evangelical Free Church. We aim to be a church who hopes in God passionately, shares life honestly and loves neighbour sacrificially. Check out our website https://icfpiney.ca/ .
We are a small church of 40 people. Our church was founded by the merger of a Canadian and an American church in 1981. A church building was built just north of the Canadian/American border south of the town of Piney. We live in one of the most beautiful places in Manitoba, with pine forests, many trails and wildlife. Our church is made up of an even mix of empty-nesters and young families. We have a mix of worship styles, personalities and backgrounds. We are united by our faith in Jesus Christ and the theological commitments of the Evangelical Free Church of Canada.
We are seeking a part time pastor (15-20 hours per week) who will preach, lead and shepherd the congregation according to his gifts.
If you meet the following requirements we would like to hear from you.
– The biblical qualifications of an elder in Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
– You are able to preach effectively.
– You have a college degree or more in biblical studies or equivalent experience.
– You have a sustained record of serving the church.
– You agree with the EFCC statement of faith.
– You are willing to move to the geographical community of our church.
– You can live with a part time salary of 18,000 per year.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to